For the individual just starting out in the kitchen, or someone looking to broaden their cooking resume, learning to cook a different ethnic cuisine is a great and fun way to taste new flavors and learn about different cultures. Each type of cuisine has it's own characteristics; Mexican is known for being very spicy, French for being very rich. To choose which type of cuisine you want to learn, listen to your palette. Look through cookbooks and determine which sounds good. After you've chosen one, there are a myriad of different ways to approach the learning process.
Cooking classes are often the most thorough way to learn and understand a type of cuisine and the culture it comes from. Whether you take a class on a Saturday afternoon to get the basics, or once a week for a few months, the class is sure not to disappoint. Learning from a master teacher and listening to other students can be invaluable experience.
Cookbooks are another great way to pick up the characteristics of different types of cuisines and the region that inspired them. These specialty cookbooks are often packed with many great pictures of the country and landscape, and offer examples of traditional cooking.
1. Southern cooking is a fun food to learn to cook; it consists of ingredients local to the South, especially cornmeal. African Americans have had a great influence on Southern cuisine using ingredients such as okra, black-eyed peas, sweet sorghum, and watermelons.
2. Home cooking is also another type of food closely associated with Southern food. It is meant to bring people back to that feeling of youth, "just like mom used to make". This is often the easiest type of cooking to master, as it is often the food and ingredients that you grew up with. What's also fun about home cooking is that it varies depending upon the region; what's considered home cooking in New England is vastly different from home cooking in New Mexico.
3. Another method of cooking is the once a month technique. This works especially well for busy moms who don't want to spend time cooking every night of the month. The cook spends one entire weekend cooking and then freezing meals for the rest of the month long. Nearly anything can be frozen with good freezer bags.
4. Vegetarian and vegan cooking is another popular way to prepare food. While it may have been difficult in the past, nearly anything can now be substituted for meat or dairy to make a vegetarian recipe.
Different Ways To Say Good Morning
In fact, only 40% of students graduate in four (4) years. That means that 60% of students are taking five (5) years to complete their education.
It's very important to plan for this major expense well in advance. On average, it costs over $6,000 per year to attend a state college. And if you attend an out-of-state college full time, there is a sur-charge of over $10,000. Private colleges can run well over $22,000 per year.
There are actually several ways to pay for your education or provide financing your child's education:
* You can invest your money in the stock market or savings account. However, this can result in hefty tax payments.
* You can hope your child has the ability to obtain a full scholarship.
* You can take a second job when the time comes...or have the student take a part time job to help with expenses. But consider the longer time frame to graduate...and also the fact that there is a higher drop-out rate with students who have to work.
* Or you could have your child finance his/her education with student loans. But, this leaves them with a huge debt load when they are trying to start their new adult life.
Let's consider a a couple of different ways to save up for those education expenses!
Let me explain how to have the money for college at your fingertips when you need it. Just purchase a rental property with a 15-year mortgage? I'll use a $125,000 property for our example:
Equity will build! Even if there is no appreciation in value, you will still have this $125,000 property paid for in 15 years. Plenty for the finances needed for college.
But let's run some figures on a modest 5% increase per year in property values. In this case, your property will more than double in 15 years. Your $125,000 investment could be worth over $250,000 when you're ready to pay for college.
And you don't even have to sell it! Here's a way to take your money out of this property without paying tax on it. Simply re-finance it. A re-finance is not taxable income!!
What a great way to plan for college! You will have had renters to pay the mortgage payment...and if you re-finance for college expenses, you will still have renters to pay for the new mortgage payment.
Even with refinancing for a higher amount - consider that because the property has increased in value - so has the potential rental income!
Both Abhishek Agarwal & Pam Rumley are contributors for EditorialToday. The above articles have been edited for relevancy and timeliness. All write-ups, reviews, tips and guides published by EditorialToday.com and its partners or affiliates are for informational purposes only. They should not be used for any legal or any other type of advice. We do not endorse any author, contributor, writer or article posted by our team.
Pam Rumley has sinced written about articles on various topics from Real Estate, Web Development and Food And Drink. Pam Rumley is a veteran real estate broker in the Nashville, TN area. She is a true Exclusive Buyer's Agent. There is never a conflict of interest regarding your real estate transaction. You can be assured of receiving 100% of her attention and. Pam Rumley's top article generates over 1600 views. Bookmark Pam Rumley to your Favourites.
Childrens Museum Of Science For more information or to learn about current hours and exhibits you can call the information line at 616-235-4726. Have fun