Some of the equipment involved by the surgical team consists of :
1. Eye shields
3. Shoe covers
4. Hair covers
5. Protective gowns to protect their clothing , and to prevent spreading of possible germs to patients during surgical procedures.
The operating room consists of an operating table , which the patient is placed on and secured for surgery.
There are various other monitoring that is used:
The anesthesia uses monitoring equipment. This equipment is located at the head of the surgical table. During surgery , the anesthesiologist has the job of administering sedation or anesthesia medications.
The surgical area is cleaned and sterilized ; then a surgical drape is placed over it or around the area depending on the part of body .
The operating room has sterilized surgical tools for internal and external use. Once the surgery is underway smaller sterilized tools for internal usage.
Other equipment found in the operating room consists of:
1. Emergency resuscitative equipment is available for reviving a patient. This is found on the crash cart. It contains a defibrillator ; airway passage tubing; and the resuscitation gear such as the mask or bag. A medication box on the cart has any necessary medicines that may be needed in the event of an emergency.
2. Cardiac equipment is used to monitor the patient's heart. The intra aortic pump helps in reducing the workload on the heart during surgery. This balloon is found on the end of a catheter that is attached to the console the pump. This is how the pressure , and heart rate is monitored. An electrocardiogram helps in timing the inflation and deflation of the balloon. This equipment is often used on organ transplant , myocardial , and unstable angina patients.
3. Respiratory equipment such as oxygen is used during surgery to keep the proper flow of oxygen to a patient. A microprocessor helps in regulating the amount of volume pressure and the flow of air to a patient.
4. Infusion pumps are used for intravenous medicines or fluids. These pumps are designed to employ automatic. The infusion pump can supply anesthesia, drugs , fluids or blood to patients.
There are many pieces of equipment found in an operating room and other areas of a hospital. They are provided to save the lives of patients. No one likes a needle but sometimes that is one of the life saving options a patient has to encounter.
Journal About Operating Room
In the healthcare industry, hygiene and infection control are highly significant and the proper care and laundering of O.R. & surgical bed sheets is a major factor in these areas. An estimated 6 billion pounds of O.R. & surgical bed sheets are used each year in American hospitals. Soiled O.R. & surgical bed sheets constitute one of the largest concentrations of microbial contamination in the hospital environment. This abundance of soiled O.R. & surgical bed sheets places an enormous responsibility on the laundry department whose job is to return these soiled O.R. & surgical bed sheets to service in a clean and safe condition, free of contaminants and microorganisms, which otherwise could cause cross-infection throughout the facility. Adequate procedures for collection, transportation, processing, and storage of clean and soiled hospital linens are a necessary protocol in order to limit the possibility of infection in patients and staff who may be unusually susceptible.
Much of the bacteria found in hospital infections are the same found in bed sheets and it has been speculated that O.R. & surgical bed sheets, including pillow cases, blankets, and the like, can contribute to the spread of nosocomial pathologies and infections. There have been many studies conducted in the medical community to support this. The proper disinfection and laundering of O.R. & surgical bed sheets have great importance in resolving these issues. The problem of spreading nosocomial pathologies via O.R. & surgical bed sheets has to be divided into:
- Collection and handling of the sheets.
- Disinfection and laundering / washing.
Regarding the collection and handling of the sheets, there need to be established precautionary standards implemented in an effort to prevent the hospital staff and the patients from direct contagion. During the disinfection and laundering of the soiled, or potentially infected, O.R. & surgical bed sheets, they should be regarded as a potential risk. This risk can be reduced through a disinfection process before the standard laundering or washing cycle. During the laundering process, there are many factors to consider regarding the proper disinfection and cleansing of the soiled sheets. These factors include the processes of cleansing, the dilution of disinfecting chemicals, and the temperature of the water used. It's a painstaking process and many hospitals and healthcare facilities have found it to be more cost effective to contract with an independently operated, professional laundry service that specializes in the disinfection, cleaning, and disposal of soiled hospital sheets and the accompanying accoutrements. When reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that as many as two million patients contract an infection from American hospitals and medical centers every year, accounting for 90,000 deaths, this process becomes all the more significant.
Even in a home healthcare environment, the proper care and maintenance of bed sheets is just as important. There is clear evidence that shows that a virus can remain viable on bed sheets and clothes for significant periods of time. Consider that even dust mites, which are microscopic organisms that feed on shed human skin, can cause allergic reactions in humans ? there's no way around it. It's vitally important to consistently keep bed sheets clean and laundered.
There's no excuse for having an inadequate supply bedding materials.
Both Jim Brown & Gary Gordon are contributors for EditorialToday. The above articles have been edited for relevancy and timeliness. All write-ups, reviews, tips and guides published by EditorialToday.com and its partners or affiliates are for informational purposes only. They should not be used for any legal or any other type of advice. We do not endorse any author, contributor, writer or article posted by our team.
Jim Brown has sinced written about articles on various topics from . James Brown writes about AmericanDiabetes.com online coupons,. Jim Brown's top article . Bookmark Jim Brown to your Favourites.
Gary Gordon has sinced written about articles on various topics from . To learn more visit our surgical instruments and equipmentsection or read more about the importance of clean. Gary Gordon's top article . Bookmark Gary Gordon to your Favourites.
Candy For Vending Machine Just dont give up on this dream due to hurdles in the early stage of business. Start off with a vending machine rental and soon you will be on the way to vending success!