Because the vast majority of consumers and business owners think the Internet moves at 'light speed", they expect instantaneous results when they attempt online marketing. It's not uncommon for someone to tell me they expect to be in the top 10 search results in Google within a few weeks or even a few days!
I obviously was not communicating up front the commitment required to take a website to the top ten.
What I found most helpful was to manage my own and my clients' expectations. There are a lot of factors that go in to search engine rankings. I've written before that the keyword research process is the most important part of search engine rankings.
There are many local business owners, especially those in small cities or towns that think they're the only ones in the world that sell shoes or furniture or flowers. So, naturally, they expect to be in the top rankings in as short a time as possible.
The number one question my clients ask me is "how long will it take to get ranked high in the search engines?" My standard answer to that question is "it depends". It depends on your keywords, on what you're trying to do with your website, and on how much you're willing to put into it (both time and money).
The problem I see with most website owners is that they are expecting too much too fast. Search engine optimization, and especially link building, is an ongoing process. It's no different than any other marketing vehicle. When I buy the Sunday paper, half the bulk of the paper is made up of advertisements.
Not only do companies advertise and market in their local communities to get people to come in to buy, they're creating a brand for themselves. Yes, they want people to come in and buy but they also want people to 'think" of them first whenever they have a need.
So, if somebody really wants to know 'how long it takes", the answer is usually from 30 to 90 days for links to show up in a link query. Link building is not a quick fix for any website. The search engines won't allow it to be a quick fix. The search engines are looking for sites that grow and build on a natural pace.
If you start and maintain a link building campaign for 30 or 60 days, you'll see results. But you can't stop at there. If you want to stay ranked high in the search engines you have to continue the process. There's no getting around it not even with software.
Because the Internet is so "instantaneous", all news is old new the minute it shows up in search results. As newer content comes in, it replaces the old. The only way to combat this is to keep giving the search engine's new content.
If you're serious about building long-term, stable Internet search rankings, then today is the day to get started. And every other day afterwards is a day to continue.
Powered By Php Link Directory
They do not have a process
1. To check if they have submitted their links correctly,
2. If it has been accepted?
3. Is the link pointing to the correct page?
4. Are the titles and descriptions what you want?
They submit the links and forget about it.
If you wish to get top rankings for your website on the search engines this kind of haphazard and half-hearted measures won't work.
Experts suggest link directory submission process that follows a step-by-step approach to getting one-way links.
2. Find the best category/sub-category for your web site link. Browse or use search to find the best page to place your link. The page should contain relevant material to your niche and is one or two clicks away from the home page of the directory. Burying your link 10 pages deep won't give you much benefit.
3. Pay attention to your title and description for your website link. Don't think you have to stuff them with keywords. Write in a normal, catchy and descriptive manner with keywords naturally thrown in.
4. Write multiple titles, descriptions with various keywords and mixed. Have at least 10-15 variations. When submitting mix and match titles and descriptions. If search engines find hundreds of links with the same anchor text and description they will simply discount the links. It will be waste of your time and effort to submit to these sites.
5. Make sure your website is completed in all respects. Human editors may not like to see under-construction or broken link pages. They may reject your site submission for these reasons.
6. Make your link directory submission and note the web directory URL and category under which you have submitted the page.
7. About a week later check that your link has been listed in the correct directory category, with the description and title of your choice.
8. If you feel that it has been listed in wrong category or some other issue write to the editors to make the required correction. Best is to ensure that you follow all their guidelines and submit the human friendly title and description.
9. Look for niche directories that accept only links from particular niche categories.
10. Make your title and description catchy enough that when a human visitor chances upon it, they will click on it.
Repeat the process. Experts suggest link directory submission targets for every week. Say you set a target 15 one-way links per week.
Over time you will notice that this process comes automatically to you and you will be getting quality one-way links that are SEO friendly. Experts suggest link directory submission process to become part of your daily routine. You will start noticing results with in a month and in less than a year you should be dominating your niche.
Both Jerret Turner & Tom Dahne are contributors for EditorialToday. The above articles have been edited for relevancy and timeliness. All write-ups, reviews, tips and guides published by EditorialToday.com and its partners or affiliates are for informational purposes only. They should not be used for any legal or any other type of advice. We do not endorse any author, contributor, writer or article posted by our team.
Jerret Turner has sinced written about articles on various topics from . Our free, simpleInternet Business Plan shows you how to earn $200 per day in 1 year or less. LinkAcquire.com, can help you build. Jerret Turner's top article . Bookmark Jerret Turner to your Favourites.
Tom Dahne has sinced written about articles on various topics from . Written by: Tom DahneWebsite: http://www.linkdirectory.com and http://www.direct. Tom Dahne's top article . Bookmark Tom Dahne to your Favourites.
Choice Of The People Later on you will realize that satellite tv is the only one who could give you the real entertainment that you are looking for. If you choose satellite tv, then you made the right choice!