If you’re looking to start eating healthier but aren’t really sure where to start, try one of these five fruits that not only taste great, but have some incredible health benefits as well. One of the other great things about eating more fruit is that the natural sugars in fruit will also help to quell those cravings for fatty sweets!
1) Cranberries Cranberries contain extremely high amounts of antioxidants that help to protect your body against things like heart disease and kidney problems, while also working to boost your immune system. Drinking a glass of cranberry juice every day will also help to prevent urinary tract infections, especially for individuals over 40.
2) Strawberries With more vitamin C than any other known berry, strawberries contain large amounts of antioxidants that can help against heart disease. Strawberries are an excellent choice for anyone who may be suffering from anemia, as they contain iron, and the folic acid in strawberries is especially useful for the health of pregnant women and their babies. In normal adults, low levels of folic acid can lead to health complications such as cancer and depression – eating strawberries can help prevent this!
3) Kiwis Kiwis pack a whole lot of vitamins E and A into their fruity flesh, while also competing with oranges for their amount of vitamin C! Kiwis contain a large amount of fiber, which is good for your heart. Eating several kiwis per day can help to prevent blood clots in the elderly, while diabetics often look to kiwis to help control their blood sugar levels on a daily basis.
4) Apples Apples, one of the most readily available fruits throughout the entire year, help to protect your body against heart disease and cancer. Apples are high in dietary fibers and phytochemicals that will actually help to boost your memory and give you extra energy on a daily basis! Remember the old saying "an apple a day…"? It’s actually true!
5) Bananas Bananas are extremely high in fiber and potassium, which work together to ensure the health of your bowels and intestinal tract, protect you from ulcers and strokes, reduce blood pressure, and also help keeping your heart healthy and happy. With vitamins B, C, and A working together in bananas, you’ll have more energy and your body will actually hold less water – perfect for fruit-a-holics looking to lose weight!
Users Reading this article are also interested in: