Preparing a meal isn't really a chore. All you need is proper planning. And also you need to remember that cooking is an art, you can easily prepare gourmets for the family. Moreover, there are so many simple recipes available for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Have a folder dedicated to these recipes, make a list and swap your menu accordingly.
Some helpful tips:
1. Plan your weekly menu ahead of time, do the necessary grocery shopping.
2. Stock up all the basics that you'll need for the whole week, buy some extras as well. You never know when a guest might land. Have adequate quantities of vegetables, fresh fruits, rice, whole grains, bread, pita bread, brown rice and pasta, yoghurt, milk, cheese, fish, lean meat, poultry, beans, eggs, lentils, seeds and nuts. You'll also need some essential spices to prepare a meal, stock up those as well.
3. Store the raw materials on the basis of your planned menu. That will save you some time.
4. Have some quick to serve recipes of salads, toppings etc, at hand. These are quick snacks, easy to prepare and serve.
5. Have stock of chicken breasts (frozen), they are the main ingredient of every meal, very easy to cook and everyone loves chicken. You can just dump it in the oven and get it baked.
6. You can opt for ready-to-eat foods; these are usually frozen and canned. Not all of us prefer canned food, it depends actually. If there's no time absolutely, then only one might use these canned food. You get everything in frozen form, from veggies to fruits, salad greens, salmon, beans and meat.
7. You can always store cooked food in advance, that save time and gives you space as well. If you are cooking rice tonight, cook double meals. The leftovers can be used the next day. Always cook twice the amount that will help you prepare different meals every day, with same ingredients; just a slight swapping is needed.
8. Baking is easier and even quicker. Moreover, you won't need to clean up piles of dishes.
9. Do the dough making business all at once and refrigerate. You can also store soups and stews in batches.
10. Always cut the fresh vegetables in advance; it takes a lot of time. Veggies are very healthy and you must include it in your diet. Avoid these hassles when you are cooking. Always cut the vegetables and freeze.
11. You can use a slow cooker for cooking healthy and nutritious meals. You can place the ingredients that need to be cooked just before leaving home, once you are back, your meal is ready. Recipes for slow cooker can also be availed.
Are you doubtful? Can cooking really be so easy? Yes of course, if you plan well and maintain it, it can be very easy to serve the family a nutritious and healthy meal. Cooked food is far better than the canned ones, follow the above mentioned tips and you will be doing a great job.
Users Reading this article are also interested in: