When you know how to prepare delicious sandwiches, then you are always prepared to share at your next picnic, backyard party or tailgate party.
Below are some great sandwich recipes to add to your sandwich recipes:
1. ABC Sandwich
- 1 cup mayonnaise - 1/2 cup minced scallions - 2 tablespoons brandy - 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper - 18 slices toasted whole-wheat bread - Leaf lettuce - 12 ounces crabmeat, picked over well to remove any shells - Tomato slices - 12 slices slab bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp and drained 2 avocados, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallion and brandy, mixing well. - For each sandwich, spread three pieces of bread with a portion of the mayonnaise mixture. - Cover the first slice of bread with lettuce leaves, 2 ounces of crabmeat, and one or two tomato slices. - Add the second slice of bread, and top with the four half-slices of bacon, a layer of avocado slices, another tomato slice or two, and more lettuce. - Cover with the third slice of bread, secure the sandwich with wooden picks, if you like, and slice it in half.
Serve the sandwiches immediately.
2. Acapulco Fish burgers
- 1 pound fish fillets - 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped - 3 medium onions, chopped - 2 cups soft bread crumbs - 3/4 teaspoon salt - 1/4 teaspoon pepper - 3 tablespoons shortening
- Bone fish; put through food chopper or chop finely with knife. - Combine with green pepper, onions, bread crumbs, salt and pepper; mix well. - Shape into 8 patties about 4 inches in diameter. - Brown on both sides in shortening in skillet over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Alaska Salmon Salad Sandwich
- 15 1/2 ounces canned Alaska salmon - 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt - 1/3 cup chopped green onions -1/3 cup chopped celery - 1 tablespoon lemon juice - Black pepper, to taste - 12 slices bread
- Drain and flake salmon. - Stir in remaining ingredients except pepper and bread. - Season with pepper to taste. - Spread salmon mixture on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut sandwiches into halves or quarters.
Makes 6 sandwiches.
4. Asian Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey - 1 1/3 cups canned French fried onions, divided - 1 egg - 1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts - 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs - 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce - 1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot sauce - 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger - 4 sandwich buns - Shredded lettuce
- Combine turkey, 1 cup French fried onions, egg, water chestnuts, breadcrumbs, teriyaki sauce, hot sauce and ginger. - Shape into 4 patties. - Broil about 6 inches from heat or grill over medium heat 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning once.
Serve on buns, topped with remaining 1/3 cup French fried onions and lettuce.
Yield: 4 burgers
Users Reading this article are also interested in: