|By: John Dowling|
When entering into the world of computers it can get very easy to get confused and loose sight of your goals and sometimes your budget. Hopefully I can help you set some realistic goals and make sure you get the computer you really want and need.
1. The first thing that most of us are constrained to is budget so this is the first thing you should consider. We always want the best but we need to be grounded on what we can afford. So Get a budget and stick to it.
2. The next thing you should be looking at is your requirements. Do you need a laptop or desktop? What is the machine going to be used for? Once you have done this go back to number one and see if these are compatible often they are not first time round. You either need to adjust your budget or adjust your goals to make them more compatible with each other.
3. Once you have ironed out the bugs it’s time to move onto the computer itself. There are many things to consider when actually buying the computer, here I will list the most important so you can choose wisely.
4. The Processor is the most important factor when choosing a computer nowadays and there are many factors in processor choice the main thing is that in my opinion Intel are at the moment making the best chips and their core 2 duo range is the best so go for one in this family and you will be ok.
5. Next it is on to RAM, now this is simple for most just go for as much as possible and remember if you go above 2 GB then you must make sure you get windows vista 64bit as your operating system.
6. Hard drive is the next piece you should tackle. Again for the ordinary person it should be just a case of bigger is better.
7. Graphics, now all computers come with some form of graphics built in. But my recommendation is to go with something a little better possibly from NVIDIA.
8. Now that should be your main considerations when thinking of the hardware. The next thing to think about is software now many computers come with windows vista as standard, this should be premium at least I wouldn’t even think about basic.
9. The last thing to do with the actual computer is a good virus and spy ware package. Don’t be under any illusion this is possibly the most important part of protecting your computer. It will get attacked at some point be prepared when it does.
10. Finally the internet, get a good internet provider broadband at least, no computer I complete without this basic of add-ons.
I hope this list is helpful in helping you make vital decisions when buying your new computer.
Please visit me and maybe we can help you in your building you a custom computer.