- Personalized crockery - plate, mug or bowl. This is perfect when the children are young
- Why not get the kids to put together a time capsule, with some photos of them with their dad, some other personal items and bury it in the garden
- There are gift experience companies, why not treat dad to drive a sports car or perhaps sky diving?
- Why not get some printable iron on transfers which you can print using your computer and home printer.
- How about baking a cake or some of his favorite biscuits?
- What about a photo album of a frame of photos of dad and the kids
- Name a star after the father - there are a number of online websites who offer this service
- Casting kits are great fun, get the kids to mould their feet or hands and paint them afterwards.
Although there are some great cards on the market, nothing is more personal than a homemade card. Here are the favorite poems from www.sorrydarling.com you could use on the cover or inside. You could also put these on the personalized crockery with the date and year for that extra special touch.
Father's Day Poem 1
Mothers are one thing. Everyone knows
They like flowers and chocolates and beautiful clothes.
But Dad, ah! he's different, he's not keen on crocks,
Or slippers or hankies or three-quarter socks.
Now a bottle of whisky would go down a treat,
Or a ticket for City (with executive seat).
Or new set of golf clubs complete with a bag?
(There's as much chance of that as an XJS Jag!)
But when his day comes, in the middle of June,
Perhaps a CD with his favourite tune
Will be on the table, with cards from his kin
And they'll know that he's pleased by his widening grin!
Father's Day Poem 2
Daddy, I love you
For all that you do.
I'll kiss you and hug you
'Cause you love me, too.
You feed me and need me
To teach you to play,
So smile 'cause I love you
On this Father's Day.