What is the cause of athlete's foot? Athlete's foot, or tinea pedis, is a fungal infection of the foot affecting more than 56 million worldwide, or one out of 10 people, every year. As much as 75 percent of people will experience its irritating symptoms at some point in their lives. Athlete's foot is caused by parasitic fungi which usually occur between the toes.
On the human body there are a variety of microorganisms including bacteria and fungi. Some of them are useful to our bodies, but some of them cause over growth of saprotrophic microorganisms that can multiply rapidly and cause an infection. Athlete's foot is a skin fungal infection also called dermatophytosis. This type of fungal infection is contagious and it can be easily spread from one person to the other.
Are you wondering how you got yours?
Fact is that this infection can be acquired from soil, showers, tanning beds, locker rooms, saunas and swimming pools. The organisms causing athlete's foot may persist for long periods of time. It may also be acquired from dogs, cats, birds, rodents, horses and cattle. Athlete's foot may spread to the soles of the feet and to the toenails.
Did you know that if these fungal infections are not treated in time, they can spread to other parts of your body? The other parts of your body including the knees, groin, elbows and underarms and in some cases even the face.
Do you know what promotes and even accelerates foot fungus that causes athlete's foot?
This type of fungus thrives in wet, moist and dark places like shoes; especially shoes that do not breath. Socks that are made of nylon or polyester don't allow your feet to breath and also trap moisture. Consequently, the infection may be spread by contaminated bed sheets or clothing.
What are the symptoms of athlete's foot?
The symptoms are dry skin, itching, scaling, inflammation and blisters on the infected areas.
Blisters often lead to cracking of the skin. When the blisters break, small raw areas of tissue become exposed which lead to pain and swelling.
As the infection spreads the itching, stinging and burning sensations may increase. Have you ever experienced these symptoms? If yes, then you should be concerned and it is very important that you treat them in time.
Unfortunately, many people do not take athlete's foot seriously and think that it will just go away on its own. The truth is that if athlete's foot is not treated in time, then it can cause toe nail fungus and even jock itch. Also it does not discriminate between men and women. The further this fungus spreads the more uncomfortable and embarrassing it becomes which may even cause lack of self-confidence.
The following are some proven methods that can help prevent and cure athlete's foot.
1. *** Vitamins and minerals... Since athlete's foot is a strong fungus, you must boost your immune system. To accomplish this you have to take non synthetic multi vitamins and minerals. The minerals should be taken at a different time of the day from the vitamins.
2. *** Hygiene... Kill all of the germs everyday where you shower. Bleach works well. If you are taking a shower in a public place always wear slippers or flip-flops. Never share your shoes nor should you wear anyone's. You should spay an organic disinfectant in your shoes before wearing.
3. *** Socks... Only wear socks that are made of cotton or wool because these are moister absorbing. If your feet sweat, you should change your socks twice a day. Never wear shoes without socks because the fungus can keep on growing inside the dark shoes.
4. *** Shoes... Always wear breathable shoes or sandals because they provide the proper ventilation for your feet.
5. *** Do not touch... If you scratch the infection and then touch yourself elsewhere you can transmit the infection to other parts of your body.
Are you among the thousands of people who take over-the-counter or prescription drugs to get rid of athlete's foot? If yes, are you able to get rid of it completely or does it keep coming back. Many of these drugs contain harsh chemicals that can cause short or maybe even long term unpleasant side effects.
Note... The pharmaceutical companies are not in the business to sell products that completely heal you. They want you to keep coming back to buy more; since that is how they make their billions. The side effects are just part of the business because for most side effects they have a drug to "cure" that, too. To be completely cured, you need to get to the root of the problem and not just mask the symptoms.
Are you in search of a remedy that gets to the root of the problem and gets rid of athlete's foot in the shortest possible time without side effects? There is good news because there is a natural formula that can cure athlete's foot permanently in less than a week without any side effects. This natural formula has been proven to completely cure athlete's foot in more than 60 thousand people; both men and women.