If so, then you need to know the way to handle your money in Las Vegas. Las Vegas isn't called the city of 'lost wages' for nothing. If you're not careful, it's almost like your money just slips through your fingers almost like magic.
Did you know if you take out your money at one kind of ATM you could lose the same amount of your withdrawal in fees? It's important to always be aware of the fees that are involved whenever your money changes hands in Las Vegas. If you are ever in doubt then simply ask a local. They'll know the places to go and the places you should avoid.
If you don't know how to handle your finances in Las Vegas, chances are you will end up a lot worse off in your hip pocket.
A little pre-planning and research will ensure that you pay the very least that you have to to exchange foreign currency, cash cheques and to get a cash advance.
Of course, if you're on vacation the last thing you want to do is to get a high interest loan while away only to return back home fro your vacation destination owing the original amount of money you borrowed PLUS 100 percent interest or more.
Here are some helpful tips for handling your money on your Las Vegas vacation.
1. Travellers cheques are not a problem at casinos, restaurants, hotels and shops in Las Vegas. You will be required to show photo id for verification.
2. Every major casino is happy to exchange your foreign currency. They will of course charge you a fee in the form of a discount from the official exchange rate applicable and for this reason you will get the best deal by using a commercial bank for this kind of banking transaction.
3. Unsecured loans are difficult to obtain in Las Vegas.
4. Many casinos will give you a credit voucher to gamblers who apply for a loan in advance of their Las Vegas vacation.
5. Most large casinos have ATMS (automatic teller machines) where you can withdraw cash from your bank account or credit card account. If you are withdrawing a cash advance you must be aware that some financial institutions charge a very hefty fee for withdrawals.
6. Cheque cashing agencies specialise in interstate money orders, savings accounts and personal cheques. You will need identification and the fee will vary depending on the complexity of the transaction.
7. If you are expecting a tax refund Las Vegas has instant tax refund stands. What you are essentially doing is taking out a short term loan at an extremely high interest rate. The cost of the loan can be as high as 100 percent! This type of transaction should definitely be used with caution.
8. Las Vegas pawn shops - once again, these should always be used with caution. Don't ever hand over something to a pawn broker that is of extreme personal value unless you can really live without it.
9. Always make sure your wallet is in a safe place. Vegas is also famous for pickpockets. Women should have purses that zip shut and have long straps on handbags so that they can go diagonally across your shoulder. Men should keep their wallet in their front pocket at all times. Keep your purse, wallet or bum bag with you at all times. Never put it down anywhere.
10. Keep a very close eye on your poker chips at casino tables. There are actually professional people who grab your chips when you are not looking.
Share this article :
Users Reading this article are also interested in;
$$$$$ Don't go to Las Vegas vacation without visiting http://www.Cheap-Discount-Vegas-Vacations.com first. Learn how you can find cheap hotels in Vegas, cheap flights to Vegas, cheap Las Vegas car rentals plus so much more plus download 170 Free Things To Do In Las Vegas free! $$$$$
If you are planning to visit Singapore, remember to download the
Singapore Maps App
Its has offline maps which make it easy for you to navigate and find places of attractions, food and other businesses while in Singapore.
For the latest tips and reads on Singapore, visit Streetdirectory