0
Once the Church with a large Chinese congregation

One of the most beautiful Churches in Singapore is the Church of the Sacred Heart built in 1906 by the Society of St Vincent de Paul.

This Church was built largely for a Chinese (Cantonese) congregation. The name of the Church is given in Chinese and so are most of the memorials in the Church.

A new Hammond organ was presented to the Church on 8 June 1941. Among the benefactors of the Church are A. Cashin, D. Pillay and A. Seth. The Church was renovated in January 1969 and the Parish Welfare Hall was established on 21 February 1971.

The stained glass windows add dignity to the facade and architecture.

Getting to Church Of The Sacred Heart, 111 Tank Road

Click to share this Article »
0
Send this article