0
Bridge built to link North and South of the Town; Named after G. D. Coleman, Singapore's first architect.

G. D. Coleman was Singapore's first architect and superintendent of Public Works. He built several of the Republic's historic buildings.

The present bridge across the Singapore River is the replica of the Iron Bridge built in 1886 to meet increased traffic between North and South of the Town. Eight of the iron lamp posts of the old bridge were preserved and re-erected at the new Coleman Bridge. The present bridge is the fourth one to be erected at the same location and built by the Public Works Department in May 1990.

Getting to Coleman Bridge

Click to share this Article »
0
Send this article