Extension of the work of the Portuguese Mission in Singapore

Father Paris built the Roman Catholic Church of St Peter and Paul between 1869 and 1870 and also donated three beautiful bells to the Church. Pedro Tan No Keah influenced the men among the Chinese Roman Catholics to subscribe liberally towards the fund for erecting the Church of St Peter and Paul.

Most of the Chinese and Indian Roman Catholics moved from the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd to worship in the new Church soon after its completion. When the Chinese Roman Catholic community in the Town had increased the Cantonese congregation since 1910 worshipped in the Roman Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart in Tank Road.