The Navel in the Bible and Science

By: Prof.dr. Ibrahim Khalil

The Navel, also called a belly button, umbilicus is a scar on the abdomen, caused when the umbilical cord is removed from a newborn baby.
In humans, the scar can appear as a depression ("innie") or as a protrusion ("outie").
About 90% of people have a depression, or an innie, with the other 10% have a protruding belly button, or an outie. Navels vary in size, shape, depth, and overall look.
Fashion especially in Western countries exploits the Navel through clothing that leaves part of the lower abdomen bare. The acceptance the phenomenon of Navel display the phenomenon in Western society is becoming common among young women. However, Barbara Eden in the 1960s was not allowed to show her Navel on the TV show "I Dream of Jeannie"

The Navel in the Bible:

Jerusalem ID:

Jerusalem is Canaanite her father was an Amorite, and her mother was a Hittite. Jerusalem's Navel was not cut, not washed, not salted and not swaddled.

Ezekiel 16:4
1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
4 And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy Navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.

Who is He?

Who is behemoth, which eats grass and his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the Navel of his belly?
His bones are like bars of iron. He is very important because "He" is the chief of the ways of God. I really do not know who this creature is. And I like to know.

Job 40

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the Navel of his belly.
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

You have to fear the LORD if you are looking for a healthy Navel.

Proverbs 3:7-8

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy Navel, and marrow to thy bones.

No comment:
You better read what the Bible says about the Navel in Song of Solomon

Song of Solomon 7:1-13

1 How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman.
2 Thy Navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies.
3 Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins.
4 Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus.
5 Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries.
6 How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!
7 This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes.
8 I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
9 And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.
10 I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.
11 Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.
12 Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appear, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves.
13 The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.

The Navel in the Quran:
The Quran does not mention the Navel.

Science
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 

» More on Science