Cash Back Remortgage Uk: Get Maximum Benefit of the Mortgage

By: Mathew Kenny

'Mortgage' is quite a frequently used term in the lending business. It's some property that a customer places as security against a loan. Remortgage is nothing but to exchange the present mortgage with a newer one such so that the deal is beneficial, otherwise there is no meaning of the exchange. When a customer approaches the lender for some loan for a mortgage, what the lending firms do is that they evaluate the value of the property. And the amount that is lent is 90-95% of that value and the remaining 5% is nothing but the cash back. But after all it's very important to know that what is cash back remortgage actually.

Cash back remortgage UK is a way through which a borrower can receive an initial sum of money that can be further used at some other places like stamp duty, buying furniture, renovations etc. In most likely cases cash is payable at the end of remortgaging term. Just like any other financial deal, in case of early repayment you will have to pay penalty.

A cash back remortgage differs from any other general remortgage in the sense that the customer is entitled to receive a lump sum as well as the fixed remortgage amount. The amount that can be availed in cash back remortgage differs from lender to lender. This type of remortgage has nothing to do with the APR but is available within the lender's 'Standard Variable Rate (SVR)' product. What draws a demarcation between APR and SVR is that the later depends on the Bank of England's base rates.

What is then the point of interest of the lenders with the cash back remortgage? The lenders charge a part of the cash back along with some percentage of remortgage amounts as so called arrangement fee. Therefore the choice of lender makes a lot of difference. Also the variation in SVR directly influences your monthly repayments, hence it's better to keep track of the present market scenario. Just keep in mind these simple points, opt for cash back remortgage and make proper use of it.

Mortgages
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 

» More on Mortgages
 



Share this article :
Click to see more related articles