Castelnuovo Berardegna - Luxury Accommodation in Florence

By: borgorosso

Castelnuovo Berardegna is th village more to south of the Chianti's Municipalities. Founded presumably around the 1050 by a French nobleman called Bernardo.

In the thirteenth century the village passed to the Senese administration and was witness to the wars between Florence and Siena. The battle for the control on the village went to until the 1555, when the village became part of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. In the 1774, thanks to Leopoldian reform, Castelnuovo adopted the actual territorial aspect.

Nowadays of the Castle which gave the village his name remained only some pieces of the walls and one tower.

The village instead has its most important center in the little irregular public square where we can find the Torre dell'Orologio and the Chiesa dei Santi Giulio e Clemente within the Madonna con Bambino of Giovanni di Paolo.

The alleys and the little public squares are full of taverns and shops and following a medieval tradition some walls' buldings are painted with scenes of theatre.

Castelnuovo Berardegna is really next to Villa Poggio Ai Merli

Europe Destinations
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 
 • 

» More on Europe Destinations