Anderson Bridge

Anderson bridge is named after Sir John Anderson, Governor of the Straits Settlements. It was built in 1909 jointly by the government of the Straits Settlements and the Municipal Commissioners of the Town of Singapore.

The President of the Municipal Commissioners was E. C. Broadrick, and the Municipal Engineer was R. Peirce. The bridge was built by A. Butments – The Westminister Construction Co Ltd and the contractors who did the superstructure was Howarth Erskine Ltd. The plaque on the bridge is of stone specially brought out from Egypt.

Anderson Bridge